Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
(Sponsored by The Construction Law Foundation of Texas & The Construction Law Section, in cooperation with the Texas Institute of CLE)
March 7 & 8, 2024
San Antonio, Texas
(An In-Person Only Event)
Register by 5pm CST February 16th for the best available rate!
Online Registration ends 5:00 pm CST Feburary 28th, 2024
Earn up to 12.00 Hours MCLE credit including 3.00 Hours Ethics!
2024 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2024)
- SOMEONE FILED A MECHANIC’S LIEN – NOW WHAT DO I DO? [.25 Ethics]
- MEDIATION DO’S AND DON’TS FOR MULTI-PARTY CONSTRUCTION DEFECT CASES [.25 Ethics]
- RESILIENCY IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION: STRATEGIES TO BANISH ANXIETY AND BOOST POSITIVITY IN THE FACE OF ONGOING CHANGE IN THE WORKPLACE [.50 Ethics] (Thursday Lunch Session)
- CAUSES OF ACTION AND DAMAGES IN CONSTRUCTION LAW
- I HAVE A VERDICT – WHAT DO I DO?
- CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER – NEW TRENDS IN TRUNCATED ADR (Thursday Breakout Session A1)
- EQUITABLE ADJUSTMENTS AND CLAIMS: TIPS, TRAPS, AND BEST PRACTICES [.25 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session A2)
- MANY RIVERS TO CROSS – ENFORCING ARBITRATION AGREEMENTS AS WRITTEN (Thursday Breakout Session A3)
- THE RECONSTRUCTED RCLA (Thursday Breakout Session A4)
- HOW MANY CHANGES ARE TOO MANY CHANGES? A LOOK AT THE CARDINAL CHANGE AND CUMULATIVE IMPACT DOCTRINES (Thursday Breakout Session B1)
- SIGN, SIGN, EVERYWHERE ASSIGNMENTS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ASSIGNING CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS AND CLAIMS (Thursday Breakout Session B2)
- NAVIGATING THE PROCUREMENT MAZE (Thursday Breakout Session B3)
- ROBOTS AND LASERS AND BIM – OH MY! [.25 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session B4)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2024)
- LAWYERS BEHAVING BADLY [1.00 Ethics]
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2024)
- WON’T YOU BE MY EXPERT?
- CONTRACTUAL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS, POLICY FORMS AND ENDORSEMENTS
- THE CHANGING TIDE: LAW PRACTICE MANAGEMENT IN A POST-COVID WORLD [.50 Ethics] (Friday Lunch Session)
- THE CONTRACTUAL RIGHT TO OFFSET MONEY OWED ON OTHER PROJECTS: I CAN DO THAT… RIGHT?
- SURETY BONDS
- EQUIPMENT AND MATERIAL PROCUREMENT IN A POST-PANDEMIC ERA
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2023 Conference?
The La Cantera Resort & Spa (16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256) is our host hotel for the conference. Rooms in the group block are priced at $255++ per night. Access to the link for submitting your hotel reservation will be provided in your email confirmation upon submission of your online registration. (Your hotel reservation information will not be submitted to the hotel until your registration status is confirmed.) Once the group room block is filled to capacity, registration email confirmations will no longer include the hotel reservation link and rooms will only be provided on a space and rate-available basis going forward. If you plan to attend and do not secure a room at The La Cantera Resort, we encourage you to secure a reservation in a courtesy block at a nearby venue as soon as possible. Visit the online registration page for this year’s conference to see the available courtesy blocks, reservation instructions and booking deadlines. You may also consider contacting The La Cantera Resort directly near the end of January or early February to see if any availability has opened due to cancellations occurring within the room block for the 37th Annual Construction Law Conference. Also note that additional parking areas are being made available at The La Cantera Resort during the conference to better accommodate drive-in attendance.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor opportunities for 2024 are now available! First right of renewal is given to our current 2023 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ends on December 15, 2023, any remaining open slots will be made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
For details, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and sponsorship registration, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.